Club Debate Club Debate

Divorce Sucks. Being Single Again is Worse

Submitted Anonymously on 4/21/07
I am not here to whine. In fact, I am not sure why the hell I am here except that I am. I've sunk to a whole new level.

My long story cut short is that I was in a passionate-less marriage. Besides that, my ex is great. He's smart, interesting, kind, generous - a great friend. Still is. But I am a very sensual person and couldn't spend the rest of my life not being in love.

I did what probably 80% of married couples wish they had the balls to do. I asked for a divorce. I have two kids so this was not done without a lot of thought. In the end, I went into such a depression (took meds to get me out of it) that I didn't have a choice but to take the plunge. Am I happy I did? I wish I didn't have to do it but am relieved that it is over. We are amicable, the kids are cool about everything and he's still my best friend.

So, now I'm single again. And I don't know what happened in the 16 years that I was married but men these days have no clue how to date. They either want sex immediately or don't call for 3 weeks after a GOOD date. What is up with that? If you're interested in someone, call!

Before you guys start trashing me, I am not ugly. In fact, I have men asking me out all the time. I look a helluva lot younger than my 42 years, am very thin and very smart. I have been called the total package and no one understands why I'm still single. Oh, and I am not on drugs or meds.

Know why I'm single. Because no one seems to know how to have a relationship. I am suppose to meet a guy on Sunday who I met online. Guarantee you that he won't call or follow through. And it's not like he already met me and is blowing me off. No, he hasn't met me and will probably blow me off. So how the hell are girls who aren't hot suppose to meet men when women like me can't even get a date! Unfortunately, looks are important to me or I would date an average-looking guy who would shower me with affection.

So here I sit on another Friday night. Alone. And lord knows I would love to be getting laid right now, it's been a few months. But I am not willing to just sleep with someone - that gets lonely too after a while.

Being single is depressing. Being divorced is worse. Or maybe not 'cause I have two beautiful kids. And I got to keep the dog. LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home